Are you already running a business, having a physical store? Are you happy with your customer-base and sales? Have you ever thought of increasing it?
If your answer to all the above questions is “YES” then you are either very close or already might have given it a thought. Yes, the solution is “ecommerce”.
It is not a mandate primarily to run a business in order to venture into ecommerce. You can start implementing your “the big idea” of business right from setting up your first online store.
Here are some more tempting socio-economic and technological indicators in case you love numbers so as to decide upon ecommerce-
- The total Internet user base in India (inclusive of shared devices and mobile) is at 130+ million users, which roughly represent penetration levels of 10% of the population leaving huge opportunity for future growth
- With the combined mobile subscribers crossing the 900 million mark, Broadband and Internet services are expected to grow through wireless. Going forward, the Mobile Internet will drive the growth of e-Commerce, Banking, Entertainment and other avenues.
- The Ministry of Communications & IT has embarked upon a massive project of connecting the 2, 50,000 Gram Panchayats across the country though 100 Mbps of optical fibre connectivity. This Digital Highway once implemented will connect the smaller towns and villages leading to good growth of e-Commerce transactions, thereby generating more employment and enabling the growth of the Indian economy.
- The growth of Cloud based technologies is redefining the e-Commerce business models. Today, companies can start their e-Commerce ventures with much less CAPEX, and quicker ‘go to market’ strategy. In the current Indian scenario, the online model compliments the brick-and-mortar model rather than completely replacing it.
Now, since the common masses or the “am- janta” posses little knowledge (which is increasing rapidly day by day) of the utility of ecommerce websites still many such online stores are coming up in large number everyday due to the technological up-gradation of internet reach and facilities including Smartphone intervention, businesses are making sure not to lose customer with respect to even demographics rather strengthening their customer –base.
Hence it would not be a wrong statement to make that e-commerce has a huge potential in India and probably this is the most importunate moment to cash on
Here goes the reason
- Online Sales Running Faster Than Offline Sales
It has been forecasted by a well known consulting firm, Deloitte that a 14% increase in non-store sales, driven largely by the web. In contrast, overall holiday sales are expected to increase just 2.5 to 3% as since physical stores do not operate on holidays, customers, in need of goods go online 2x more for purchasing.
- The Web Influences ½ Of Offline Purchases
Everyday more shoppers are than ever are checking a store website before heading out to the physical location. They find these websites useful in regards to price comparisons and new trends. Hence shoppers have already started engaging and using the online websites and thus can be predicted that from now it is just a matter of time when shoppers would understand the value and will start shopping online on a regular basis saving on money and time.
- Shaky Economy Entice More Online Researches
Consumers nowadays extensively use the web to research new trends, price and availability of products to purchase both online and in stores. According to the same 2011 NRF holiday survey referenced above, the average holiday shopper plans to do 36% of their shopping online – whether they’re comparing prices, researching products, or actually making a purchase. Research results indicates that website traffic increases in a troubled economy because buyers’ research purchases more carefully online to stretch shopping budgets
- Online Platform Works Best With the Gifts Shoppers
It has been discovered that consumers from the youth segment specially prefer the online stores not only for researching and purchasing but also for delivering gifts to family and friends. Consumers, staying away from family and friends also find these websites handy and uses them optimally for special occasions like the birthdays, anniversaries, valentine day, and so on.
Another consumer’s favorite online operation/ transaction website are that dealing with the online recharge or mobile top ups.
- Mobiles and Social media: Promoters
With the incredible popularity of the various social media sites, without which people can’t do with nowadays and its integration with the Smartphone has ushered enormous blessings on ecommerce and enhanced its reach and visibility distinctly.
Social media outlets have become an essential supplement to ecommerce because they add interactivity and share-ability to the traditional buy/sell structure.
Thanks to the explosion in popularity of Smartphone and apps, mobile is becoming another valuable tool for business owners
Research found that more than 50 percent of Facebook fans and 67 percent of Twitter users are more likely to make a purchase from the brands they follow than from another brand. Data from our customers shows sales via Facebook stores at 5 percent of all sales versus 2 percent on mobile, so we’ve already seen it making progress.”
And As an online shop, connecting with your community through social media has been paramount to everything you do which has never been this easier than now. All thanks to the technology.
Tried, Tested and Proved- What are you waiting for??
IRCTC (Indian Railways), Make My Trip and Yatra are amongst the “most visited travel sites” in India.
Flipkart leads the way among the online retailers in India with 7.4 million unique visitors a month, growing at 431% annually.
Snap deal has been close second with 6.9 million unique visitors.
Apparel has been the fastest growing subcategory in retail and reaches 13.4% online users in India.
So hurry!! Choose a great ecommerce hosted shopping cart software and Open your online store and see the difference.